||Orange, green, blue, yellow, brown, black
||CAM 2 (head)
CAM 9 (body)
||Night 1 (head)
Night 3 (body)
Acephalous is an antagonist in Abandoned: Discovery Island and Five Nights at Treasure Island: Found Revision 1. He is a headless Goofy costume.
Acephalous appears to be a normal-looking Goofy costume without his head and some discoloration around his body. Acephalous wears a yellow jacket, unlike Goofy's black one. Curiously, even though his head is detached from his body, he is still able to speak.
His head, which can be seen on the floor of the Meat Freezer, is the same as his Disney counterpart as well, with the exception being that it has no long, droopy ears. It usually has its eyes closed, but occasionally opens them (can also happen when Purity summons it).
Acephalous's body becomes active starting on Night 3. His body behaves like the other suits for the most part, roaming between the rooms on his path. The only difference is that shutting off a camera does not work on him, so the player must instead hide whenever he enters the Office. His head won't enter the office (and will remain in the Meat Freezer) unless God summons it to the office. When Acephalous's head is in the office, the player will be unable to hide under the desk. The player can't get rid of the head once it is in the office, as God prevents the player from shutting off the camera, and Daisy Duck prevents the player from shutting off the power, making the player completely defenseless from the other suits.
When moving around Treasure Island, Acephalous's body will say:
- "Hear me..."
- "Have a heart, please..."
- "I thought you loved me..."
- "Do you think leaving me here, would prove anything?"
- "I called for help, but you didn't listen..."
- "I'm still here..."
Acephalous's starting location is in the Janitor's Closet. He will then move to the Bathroom, then the Meat Freezer, and finally the office. Acephalous's head will remain in the Meat Freezer, and will appear in the office if God summons it.
- Acephalous hails from the 1.0 era of the original Five Nights at Treasure Island's development cycle, where he was fended off in the same manner as the other suits and had a hiding jumpscare.
- Goofy traditionally has a black jacket when he is featured in most Disney cartoons, as opposed to the yellow one Acephalous is seen wearing in Five Nights at Treasure Island.
- However, in some Disney incarnations, Goofy wears a yellow jacket.
- Acephalous' name originated from the Greek word "ἀκέφαλος", literally meaning "headless" or "without a head".
- An unused file in Remastered 2.0 shows Acephalous standing in Character Prep 1, holding Disembodied.
- In the file release by Matthew Phoenix Rodriguez, there is an animation of Acephalous running out of Character Prep 1 while wearing Disembodied.
- Acephalous's voice actor in Remastered is the same voice actor for Greg in the original 1.0 demos.
- Acephalous's screech was made by Smashed Tomatoes and edited by George W. Kush.
- When Acephalous's body is in the Meat Freezer, his head appears to be larger than his body.
- Acephalous's head can be summoned only by Purity in the Office.
- If the player befriends Acephalous, then he can be seen in the Janitor's Closet with his head on.
- It is unknown if any of the suits ever notice Acephalous's head in the Meat Freezer when they enter there.